Echinobase - The Echinoderm Knowledgebase
The mission of Echinobase is to provide the international research community with a comprehensive, integrated and easy to use web based resource that gives access to the diverse and rich genomic, expression and functional data available from echinoderm research and provides a critical data sharing infrastructure for many other NIH-funded projects. Echinobase is a focal point for the echinoderm community and in addition to supporting echinoderm research, Echinobase enhances the availability and visibility of echinoderm data to the broader biomedical research community.
Supported Echinoderm Species
The following species have full genome integration in the database, including gene pages, BLAST,
browsing via JBrowse, and data download:
- Purple sea urchin, Strongylocentrotus purpuratus
- Bat star, Patiria miniata
- Green variegated sea urchin, Lytechinus variegatus
- Crown-of-thorns starfish, Acanthaster planci
Support for The following species includes BLAST, JBrowse, and data download options, but no gene page integration:
- Feather star, Anneissia japonica (a crinoid)
- Sugar star, Asterias rubens
Terms & Conditions of Use
We ask users of Echinobase to comply with the following terms and conditions:
- Data are to be used only for purposes of research and education. Commercial use is prohibited without written permission from Echinobase.
- By submitting images and data to Echinobase, you give Echinobase permission to re-display these images on any page of the website.
- Echinobase has permission of the publisher and/or copyright holder to redisplay many published images. Echinobase users must independently seek permission to reuse copyrighted images in their own work.
- The contributor(s) of unpublished data should be explicitly acknowledged in any publication that incorporates, or is based in part or entirely on these data.
- Echinobase should be explicitly acknowledged when data used in any publication, has been in part or solely derived from analysis of data from this website.
- Echinobase users may register to set-up personal pages, lab pages, and post job ads on the Community jobs board. Any misuse of this resource will result in IP address associated with misuse being blocked. Academic Institutions and relevant authorities will be notified accordingly.
Echinobase is supported by grant P41 HD095831 from the National Institutes of Health; National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).
The contents of the Echinobase website are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of its funding agencies.
The name Echinobase® is a registered trademark.
The copyright of all Echinobase® content, including, but not limited to, images, movies, video tutorials, graphs, diagrams and text, belongs to Echinobase® or with the individuals who submitted the data or the publisher and/or authors of the work.
Images on Echinobase® from copyrighted publications are used with permission of the publisher and/or copyright holder. Echinobase® users must independently seek permission to reuse copyrighted images in their own work.
Images and data reproduced from Open Access sources are used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium provided that the original work is properly attributed.
A list of Echinobase publications can be found on the Citing Echinobase page.
Current Echinobase Staff
Former Echinobase Staff
Scientific Advisory Board
Maria Ina Arnone, Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn http://www.szn.it/index.php/it/personale/staff/31-arnone-maria-i/694-arnone-maria-i firstname.lastname@example.org Katherine Buckley, Auburn University https://buckleyscience.com email@example.com Andy Cameron, Caltech http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~acameron/andy-mirsky-info.html firstname.lastname@example.org Greg Cary, The Jackson Laboratory https://www.jax.org/people/gregory-cary email@example.com Jose Garcia-Arraras, University of Puerto Rico https://devneurolab220.wixsite.com/devneuro firstname.lastname@example.org Amro Hamdoun, Scripps Institution of Oceanography https://www.hamdounlab.org/ email@example.com Nipam Patel, Marine Biological Laboratory https://www.mbl.edu/about/leadership firstname.lastname@example.org Yi-Hsien Su, Academia Sinica https://icob.sinica.edu.tw/Eng/Faculty/faculty_lab?id=29d1401337f54c86ab2a312cb50a4148 email@example.com
NIH Program Officer
James Coulombe, NICHD